Sunday, April 8, 2007

Chocolate Helps



First week of the new job under my belt. Happy it was a short week. A complete roller coaster ride inside my head trying to sort out the personalities, the changes and my emotions. Been carrying my
Enhancing Emotional Intelligence book
with me and reading it faithfully at lunch and breaks.

Have come to the realization that I don't handle change very well, at least change I haven't any control over. I've been journalling and talking with Frank and friends. Talking has helped tremendously... Talk is a new thing for me.

After weeks of stress about the move to the new position and an intense desire to take flight instead of fight, I feel exhausted.

Usually I crawl into a hole and keep digging down and down and down... Attempting to do things differently this time. It's a hell of a lot of work. I am equal to this challenge.

...and chocolate helps.



No comments: